Mother Of The Bride Hairstyles
Written by The Powder Room
on Saturday, 30 April 2016
Your Mum has looked after you for years and now it's your Wedding day and you are the centre of attention, but you also want to make sure that your Mum is spoilt as well. Your Mum may feel that the day is all about you and they don't want to make a fuss...or they may think that having their makeup down may make them look older or they have had the same hairdresser for years and think it would be easier to have it done with someone they are familiar with....
Some tips in helping you plan your Mums hair and make up are..
- Your Mum may like to come into the Powder Room salon to have a haircut or colour in the lead up to the day, then we can help guide Mum with the Wedding day look...change can be great too.You are still you! So choose a hairstyle that embraces the general qualities in what you like to look like, for example if you are 100% grey, don't have a full head colour, choose some highlights to work with your tone of grey, or take the time to get to know your stylist, try to go to the same stylists a few times in the lead up to the big day, look for an artist that LISTENS to who you are!
- Looking after your Mums skin care regime as well...hydrating facials and oxygen plumping treatments can help the look of the foundation on the Wedding day.
- Make up application is best applied with make up brushes, using a foundation brush really helps the foundation be buffed into the skin and not just sit on top of the skin. Preparation of skin is also essential, using smoothing serums and primers.
- Light reflecting concealers and powders are also amazing to ensure the most flawless finish.
- Eyebrows are considered the border of your face, so don't forget to have them groomed prior the Wedding day and making sure that you have them done a few days prior. Correct brow make up application can even lift the eyes.
- Don't be afraid of a few individual temporary lash extensions on the Wedding day as if the correct size is chosen for your Wedding day they can really open up your eye shape. Some of our favourite Mother of the Bride makeup products include: Estee Lauder- Brush on Illuminating concealer MD formulations- Wrinkle filler and deep crease relaxer Laura Mercier -Secret finishing powder Powder Room's Flawless Face - Blotting Powder Make up for Ever-HD foundation Mac- Prep and Prime Mac- Strobe Cream