How To Apply Long Lasting Wedding Makeup
Written by The Powder Room
on Monday, 02 May 2016
5 tips on How To Apply Long Lasting Wedding Makeup
On your wedding day, it’s so important to ensure your makeup is going to last from your very first steps down the aisle to that last dance at the end of the day. Longevity of makeup really does depend on your skin type and the health of your skin, however there are some really great makeup tips and tricks to help keep you looking fresh and fab all day long. Start working on your skin at least 6 months in advance. It’s not just what you put on your skin, it’s also what you put in your body as well.
- Great makeup starts with great preparation. Ensure your skin is freshly cleansed, toned and moisturized prior to starting your makeup. This will give you a great base to start with. If you have oily skin, make sure you use an oil free moisturizer and cleanse the skin well.
- Are your large pores getting in the way of your flawless foundation finish? Make a pore minimizer your best friend! Applied after your moisturiser, pore minimizers work by filling in and smoothing out your pores with a silicone based substance so that your foundation effortlessly glides over the top and doesn’t sink into those pesky pores.
- Don’t forget to Prime! To ensure an even application and a long lasting result, always prime your skin prior to applying your foundation. There are many different primers available for all different skin types from oil free, mattifying primers for oily prone skin to plumping and hydrating primers for mature or dry skins. Make sure you choose the right primer to suit your foundation as well, for example if your foundation is a silicone based foundation, it’s best to use a silicone based primer.
- Do you suffer from oily eyelids that seem to devour your eye makeup in a few hours? Here’s a great tip for you then… Use an eyeshadow primer or paint on the ball of your eyes prior to applying eye shadow. Eye primers are usually matte and neutral in colour, whereas eye paints can have some colour and sheen to them, so simply choose what will suit your eye makeup best. These products work to grab hold of your eye makeup and keep it in place all day long…it will be your best investment for dazzling eyes from dawn to dusk.
- Touching up your makeup throughout the day is essential. As much as we can use the best products for long lasting results and to help keep oil and shine at bay, our skin is a living organism that sweats and produces oil, so it’s important to be prepared to touch up your foundation and lipstick/gloss during your wedding day. A few essential products to keep tucked away in your clutch are: hydrating mist to freshen your makeup, blotting papers and a compact powder to reduce shine, lipstick/lipgloss to re-apply after all that kissing and eating.