Ask Karen About Mother Of The Bride Wedding Day Hair And Make Up
Written by The Powder Room
on Wednesday, 11 January 2012
Your Mum has looked after you for years and now it's your Wedding day and you are the centre of attention, but you also want to make sure that your Mum is spoilt as well.
We have so many occasions where Mum's say after they have their hair and make up professionally done..."Wow, I' m so glad that I did choose to be booked in as well, and I have really enjoyed the experience"...
Your Mum may feel that the day is all about you and she don't want to make a fuss...or she may think that having their makeup down may make them look older or your Mum has had the same hairdresser for years and think it would be easier to have it done with someone they are familiar with....
You may like to visit our facebook page to view the most up to date pictures of our Bridal parties.
Some tips in helping you plan your Mums hair and make up are..
- Your Mum may like to come into the Powder Room salon to have a haircut or co our in the lead up to the day, then we can help guide Mum with the Wedding day look…a change can be great too.
- You are still you! So choose a hairstyle that embraces the general qualities in what you like to look like. Don't go for drastic change for example if you are 100% grey, don't have a full head colour, choose some highlights to work with your tone of grey. Make sure you have more time in the lead up to the Wedding may take the time to get to know your stylist, try to go to the same stylists a few times in the lead up to the big day, look for an artist that LISTENS to who you are! Check out our Powder Room salon prices at our New Farm based salon.
- Looking after your Mums skincare regime as well...hydrating facials and oxygen plumping treatments can help the look of the foundation on the Wedding day...it's a good excuse to spoil Mum more.
- Make up application is best applied with make up brushes, using a foundation brush really helps the foundation be buffed into the skin and not just sit on top of the skin. Preparation of skin is also essential, using smoothing serums and primers, to ensure the foundation lasts.
- Guess what Mum's can have airbrush make up too!! It is always relative to skin type, so chat to your artist.
- Light reflecting concealers and powders are also amazing to ensure the most flawless finish.
- Eyebrows are considered the border of your face, so don't forget to have them groomed prior the Wedding day and making sure that you have them done a few days prior so that all redness has disappeared. Correct brow make up application can even lift the eyes.
- Don't be afraid of a few individual temporary lash extensions on the Wedding day as if the correct size is chosen for your Wedding day they can really open up your eye shape.
- And one last final tip.... don't hesitate, if you would like to secure The Powder Room for your Wedding day hair and make up fill out our online Booking form today and secure your date with a deposit, chat to one of our friendly coordinators today.
Some of our favourite Mother of the Bride makeup products include:
- Estee Lauder- Brush on Illuminating concealer
- Estee Lauder - Perfectionist Wrinkle Lifting Serum
- Laura Mercier -Secret finishing powder
- Powder Room's Flawless Face - Blotting Powder
- Make up for Ever-HD foundation
- Mac- Prep and Prime
- Mac- Strobe Cream